Thursday, September 16, 2010

Be Fabulous where you are

So I finally drug my growing derriere to the gym today, second day in a row, thank you very much, after a 3 month bon-bon break.  I took a delightful class that I thought would gently ease me back into my jeans.  During the class I quickly realized I was the newbie but found encouragement in a refreshing phrase our fantastic teacher, Patty repeated during our class, "be fabulous where you are", meaning numerous things, but I translated it as: don't sweat it if you can't do an inverted back pilates stretchy move like the fresh 20 somethings, embrace where you are and what you can do with what you have at this moment in time.  Such perfectly timed advice for the day that lay ahead.  Also reminded me of two scriptures (I cheated and asked my Bible scholar hubby for assistance in locating these)

1 Timothy 6:5: "Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world".

1 Corinthians 7:17: "Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him".

So I will be working on being Fabulous where I am, content with and grateful for the gifts God gave me, not comparing myself to others or spending time with the ever present envy goblin.  Go, be Fabulous too, because God made you in His image.

1 comment:

  1. fabulous! :)
    seriously, you captured the intent with which it was said! (and you weren't the only newbie... but those 20somethings... sigh) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are such an encouragement, thanks for stopping by