Monday, May 2, 2011

We have all been "Blessed to be a Blessing"

I'll bet you're like me when it comes to asking for money.
Dread it, despise it, worry what others will think.
Why would she ask for money, she could just fund it all herself?
But then I realize this isn't for me.  I'm not looking for money to go feed my shoe addiction.
I am not worried if there's not a huge outpouring because I know God will provide as He has already done.
But as my friends, I want you to have a chance to be a part of this.
This is a way for you to directly get involved and support orphans.
This is to help raise awareness of the orphan crisis.  This is most importantly a plea for prayer for our team.
And didn't I just tell my children to go live BOLDLY without "Fear of Man"?
So here goes.  I want your support.  If you read my blog on a regular basis you know that I am going to Uganda this June to serve on a mission trip.  I am seeking to raise funds for a dear friend who will be accompanying me on this trip.  It would embarrass her humble soul if I went on about how amazing she is and how much she embodies the characteristics of the Proverbs 31 woman.  So I won't, for now.  Suffice it to say that her presence on this trip will be a great blessing.  A blessing not only to the team we will serve with but especially a blessing to the orphans we will care for.
A little bit about what we'll be doing:
Our team will be building goat pens, chicken coops, conducting a Vacation Bible School with the orphans, and Community Education in the village.  Your donation will support the travel expenses of my friend or help purchase supplies for the Tender Hearts Babies' Home and building supplies for the construction projects at the orphanage
We are accompanying, at last count 16 people on this mission trip.  People from all over the U.S.  The group we are going with is Nightlight Christian Adoption Services, as the name implies, a Christian agency that not only assists with Domestic and International Adoptions, but also seeks faithfully to support the orphans in their distress.  "Nightlight Christian Adoptions aggressively seeks opportunities to help orphans in need, whether or not they will ever have the opportunity to be adopted. Nightlight provides humanitarian aid for orphans in Cambodia and Africa, in addition to running programs that empower you to connect personally with orphans in need of help."
Thank you for your support as we seek to serve the orphans in their distress.
If you do not feel compelled to donate you can still assist us by praying for our team.
Please consider supporting our fundraising efforts.  It's easy to do online and tax deductible.  You can click on the "First Giving" box on the upper right hand corner of my blog or you can go to it HERE.
Thank you for being a blessing.

3 comments:

  1. I will talk to Tom and get him to help me give a donation to this oh so worthy orphan cause! (I'm too stupid to know which credit card to use now that we're in Italy and we have different ones and a whole new bank account and...I'm so clueless!!!)
    Thank you to you and your friend for wanting to serve,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I'll be praying for you Polly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i read that you were going to Uganda I have to admit, I was a wee bit jealous. :) That is where the boy we have sponsored for several years lives. (we sponsor him through Compassion.) I have wanted to go there for awhile now!! I will definitely be praying for your trip!! Will you be able to post while you are gone?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are such an encouragement, thanks for stopping by