Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pie Party, Week #2




I taught the boys some new card games to 
keep the entertained while we cooked






This would be our pickiest eater who doesn't even "do" pizza
He is a bona fide plate licker, just like his mama and daddy, makes me so proud

Last week my sweet eldest darlin' and I came up with a new challenge for us, our Weekly Pie Party.  It was a delicious first week for our 50 pies in a year challenge.  Cha-Cha and I set out to make one of her favorite pies, Lemon Meringue.  In our excitement we totally forgot to take any pictures of our delicious creation.  Shockingly it was quite delicious, lovely to look at, and surprisingly not liquid.  I may be able to shuck my "Liquid Pie Title" after all.  We browned the meringue a little more than it called for but decided we liked the crispier texture.  This week, yes we made it to week #2, we made pumpkin pie with a twist.  We used a store bought crust because we need to work our way up to the homemade, no need to bite off more than we can chew (clever;)) too earlier on.

This week me made Pumpkin Praline Pie, 
it was a hit!  
Delicious recipe and not too complicated.  
Next week we have a request for apple pie so 
we are looking for a 
good recipe...

3 comments:

  1. Where is my piece? I am so proud of you for following through with this pledge to Julia. What great bonding time for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm Ms. Polly! Y'all did good. I bet Julia's having fun :)
    Love to you all,
    edie

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are such an encouragement, thanks for stopping by