Friday, December 10, 2010

A must read post on adoption

Please take a minute to read the following post regarding adoption, then stop, pray, and seek how you can help with the orphan crisis.  This post was made by an inspiring mom whose blog is:

Here is a copy of her latest post,

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Struggling...

   
I'm struggling this CHRISTmas.  I'm having a hard time rectifying that there is an orphan crisis in a world filled with believers.  I'm struggling this CHRISTmas knowing that only 34% of CHRISTians consider adoption and even more shocking is that only 1% do it.  Now, I know not everyone is called to adopt, but probably more than 1% of 34%.  If you are in that 33%, what is holding you back?  Actually, I know one common thing that holds people back - fear.  How do I know it's fear?  Well, I have people tell me all the time that they have thought about adoption at one time or another, and then they explain to me why they can't.  Fear is a powerful tool in the devil's arsonal.  It stops...on earth as it is in heaven.

This CHRISTmas I'm pondering how would the story have been different if Mary and Joseph let fear instead of God rule their hearts.  I mean - Jesus, born in a manger, wasn't Joseph's biological child.  Would he be considered Mary's biological child?  Just something to ponder this CHRISTmas...

Watch this heart moving video...
Deprived Indifference....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHJ6-YhSYQ

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words are such an encouragement, thanks for stopping by